Monday, August 23, 2010

What if Carlos is a girl?!?!

We decided early on to keep our baby names private.  Why?!?!  Because people are stupid.  Just finding out you are pregnant seems to give them license to tell you what to do, how to eat and what you are obviously doing wrong.  Giving them a name to work with is just adding ammunition.  For example, when I told my sister our top girl name she said "That's a dog name!"  Also, the name we ended up picking.

So, as I mentioned before,  in response to the baby name question, we decided to go with Carlos.


A fine name, but my students, who were also asking many questions and providing a TON of unsolicited advice, asked what we would do if Carlos turned out to be a girl.  "Name her Carlos, of course!"

We never pictured that we'd have a girl.  I'd been calling the baby "him" long before it was even a twinkle in my eye.  I had at one point even told my soon-to-be-sister-in-law that if we ever had a girl she was welcome to it.  When it comes to girly things, I don't do well, and I figured baby rearing would just be easier with a boy.  But when it comes down to it, I really didn't care.  I am more terrified that our 20 week ultrasound will reveal some terrible deformity, and girl parts are not a deformity.  In fact, I'm pretty certain we are having a girl. 

DF, however, had his heart set on a little boy.  He's always had dreams of coaching Little League and buying baseball mits and such. 

I guess we only have to wait a few more days to find out.  Friday we have our 20 week ultrasound.  Then, its all downhill from there.  A week from Friday, DF will nolonger be my baby daddy... we'll be married.

No comments:

Post a Comment