Tuesday, February 22, 2011

One Handed Breakfast


One of my goals for the week was to start eating breakfast. I need something easy that can be eaten in one hand and filling enough to last me until whenever it is I am able to eat again.

Thanks to Christie over at Average Mom's Wear Capes who suggested baking egg beaters in a muffin tin and adding a little cheese. I modified her suggestion a little and used whole eggs (because that's what I had) and adding veggies.  Check out the recipe below.

I added half of a whole wheat bagel with an organic butter spread and apple slices from Trader Joes. The whole breakfast is about 400 calories, filling, and can be prepared and eaten while holding a Bug.


Recipe:
6 whole eggs
3 cups baby spinach torn into smaller pieces
1 tbsp chopped chives 
1/2 cup diced baby bell peppers
1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Mix all ingredients except cheese and pour into muffin tin.  Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.  Add cheese and bake for another 10 minutes.  Voila!

Thanks Christie!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

2 comments:

  1. hooray you're welcome!!! you're pictures made me drool!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm making this for dinner with some other things, shhhh don't tell my husband they are mostly veggies :)

    ReplyDelete