Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Update: 40+ Week Check Up and I'm Still Pregnant

So, I feel like an idiot.  Twice I have been very sure that I was experiencing the symptoms of early labor, and twice I have been wrong.  Before this experience, I couldn't understand why women were sent home from the hospital thinking they were in labor.  Now, I totally get it.

I am still cramping like crazy.  In fact, that, combined with my still snoring husband and the two hour nap I had this evening, is why I am still awake.

I am starting to question whether or not I will know when I actually am in labor.  I haven't really been in pain, just mostly a high level of discomfort when I'm feeling these things I guess I imagined were contractions.

So, the good news is that the baby has dropped considerably since my last appointment.  I am at a -1 station and almost fully effaced.  Also, Bug's heart rate is around 145 bpm and her movement is good.  But I am still only dilated to 1/2 a centimeter. 

Time to develop a gameplan.

Doc says that if I hit 42 weeks we'll induce.  For now, she set me up with an appointment on Monday during which I'll have antepartum testing done.  As long as Bug scores well, she can hang out until the end of the week, but they will strip my membranes.  She sounds confident that there is a good chance that I'll have the baby before Monday without any intervention, but I'm not so sure.

So ladies, help me out.  How did you know that you were in labor?  What was the big difference between this cramping crap and actual contractions?

No comments:

Post a Comment